Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day

Last week went by pretty quickly, then came the weekend. We left early Saturday morning for the lake, after a quiet Friday night. I worked on trimming the trees and the landscaping out there, while Jodi got things squared away inside. Jerry, Wendy, and Holly came out later and spent the afternoon, and we had a great day. We split our time between the beach, throwing washers, and just hanging out, then in the evening we grilled and had a nice dinner.

MB & Kristi came out early on Sunday, but we spent most of the morning cleaning, as Judy and the rest of the clan were arriving in the afternoon. We did have some time to relax though, and I opened some Father's Day cards and gifts. Jodi & Connor did a great job, and I loved all the stuff! I got some leisure pants, and stuff for washing and detailing my car(s), plus some other items. It was a great afternoon, and when Judy arrived we all hung out for a while before we took off for home.

The thing is, even though we had a great weekend, I forgot both the video camera and the still camera! So no photos this week, unfortunately. It would have just been more of the same though, believe me. Connor, Connor and us, Connor and Ollie, Connor and Jerry, Connor and Wendy and Holly, maybe a couple of Judy and Connor, Connor on the beach, Connor attempting to eat grass... you get the idea.

Hey, some pretty big news on the Connor front: He's crawling, like a madman! He started "sort of" crawling almost a week ago, but now it's really game on. We are finding that we need to "baby proof" the house, like, yesterday. He's all over the place and pulls on anything he can get his hands on, plus if he's on any furniture, he has no fear of crawling to the edge and will keep right on going. So this should open a new chapter in the Connor story, I'd say.

2 comments:

Sandra Jester said...

Happy belated Father's day , Chris.
Sorry with all the baby stuff you have to pack you forgot your video camera/camera- how can I see my grandson crawling like you say? Grandma Jester

Brenda said...

Oh my word Chris...the crawling is the beginning of the end of the "sweet, docile baby days!"

Enjoy!!