Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Afternoon: The Art Institute








Believe it or not, we got up and attacked the day on Saturday. Jodi and I went out for a great breakfast, then we had to meet the Sefciks at the Art Institute... well I used my trusty iPhone (thanks again, Dad) 'maps' feature (basically, a GPS) to figure out that the Institute was just over a mile away from where we were. It was a gorgeous sunny day, if a little cold, so I figured I'd keep this little fact to myself, and start us out walking. My original goal was to see how far I got before my little Princess noticed that I didn't seem to be stopping for a cab. ;-) Actually, Jodi was a great sport and we had a really nice walk down Michigan Avenue. We spent a couple hours at the Institute, and it's a place I really love (I hadn't been since my 'sabbatical' from work the first half of 1998). The Impressionist section is what I really go for, but there's a ton more to it than that. And I like that it's one of the places where the characters in the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" spend their afternoon when they're playing hooky. It was a great way to spend the afternoon, but I admit we did take a cab back to the hotel!