Thursday, December 25, 2008

Later, Christmas Day.








I went to the hospital next, for a fun filled day of configuring, and re-configuring, a really bad arm chair from the '70s. I also watched marathon sessions of "American Justice" on A&E. (For those of you who may not know, it's hosted by Bill Curtis. Actually, if you didn't know you would find this out quickly enough, as he let's you know before and after every break. I think his exact line is, "I'm Bill Curtis, and this is ... blah blah blah".)

Oh, and I hung out with Jodi and little Evie (!), who were happy to have me. It was great when my Mom came by in the afternoon, her first trip from Holland all week (really bad MI weather on top of, for those of you keeping track, a horrific train ride from Chicago that left Sunday night around 5:00 PM and only arrived in Holland on Monday morning at about 4:00 AM).

So this was Christmas Day... Evie is very new and very cute, and we all spent the day together. I left around 6:30 and got Connor at Jerry & Wendy's (thanks!), then finally... and I mean, finally... I got home with the little man, and we Just Hung Out. It was the Little Man and it was Me. I think we watched "It's a Wonderful Life", but Connor was goofing around and I was mostly doing computer stuff. I may not have painted this as the most merry of Christmases, but for us, it was.

P.S. In the photo, Connor is talking to Mommy later at night; I think they both came away sensing a real "meeting of the minds". My Dad could tell me the Latin phrase for that, or a lawyer probably could. Or these days, I could just Google it.

No comments: