Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Project, Part IV.

I again thought I was back in bid'ness, but my day laborer fell through at the last minute.  I was lucky enough to find a buddy from Hope who did this kind of work, and we made plans to work all day Wednesday.  I had already bought all the materials, and I laid the timbers out in the rough shape of the rectangle I wanted to build.  Paul had the idea to have the sand delivered right away, and it was just one of many great ideas he had through the project.


After that we spent the day framing the surround, which is not rocket science, but the trick was getting the bottom row as close to level and square as possible.  Let's just say that some corners were easier than others!  It was great weather though, perfect for working in the sun.

  
Our little helper!

No comments: