Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Knotty Pine






On Saturday my buddy Matt Okma and I spent the day at the cottage, removing what we could salvage of the knotty pine. I'm saving it for when I finish the lower level of our house, which is a daylight basement with four big windows. The idea is that I can use the knotty pine as a half wall (the bottom), then drywall above it.

Of course the project was a little trickier than we hoped, and really it turned into the begining of the demolition of the house. By that I mean it's really no longer liveable out there, now that we're done. I got about 60' of knotty pine though, so that should be enough to finish the media room, if not the play room, which will be the other half of the project when I finally get going on it. Photos? You bet!

No comments: