Saturday, September 1, 2007

Labor Day Weekend (Saturday)






We went to Holland Saturday morning, but decided to spend some time downtown before going to the cottage. We walked 8th street, doing some shopping, then we had lunch at one of my favorite old restaurants from my days at Hope: The Windmill. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, but they have the best home cooked food around.

After that we headed to the lake, and spent most of the afternoon on the beach. My brother and I even walked all the way down to the end of the pier, and even dove in a couple times. We hadn't done that in years, so it was a good way to spend the afternoon. After dinner the sunset was incredible, yet again.

Oh, and the laptop was a big hit, in that our neighbor has wireless internet and doesn't password protect his network. I've missed not having the internet at the cottage since we got it in 1998, so this is a great development! (Thanks Richard!)

No comments: