Saturday, October 20, 2007

Widespread Panic!






I already mentioned Widespread Panic in my last post, so I'll spare you all the gushing about an amazing band this time. We took the ferry to Milwaukee and let me tell you, "The sea was angry that day my friend! Like an old man, trying to return soup in a deli." (What's that from??) But we got there, had some lunch, then hung out for a while on the Skoien's deck before the show. The concert was incredible, and everyone had a riot. We ended the day/night back on that same deck, but thank goodness there are no photos of that piece of it.

The killer though was the next day. We slept in Sunday morning, then got to the ferry by like 12:30. The boat wasn't there, and the short story is that about an hour or so later--even after telling everyone to get in their cars, get in line, etc.--they cancelled the ferry. The implications of that were pretty devastaing, as we right then knew what we were in for. We rented a car as quickly as we could, and made the five hour drive around the lake. The worst part for yours truly was that I had to go all the way back up to Muskegon with Mac & Carrie, then we returned the car at the ferry, got my car, and I had to drop them off at their place. All that before I could finally make my way back home. Arrival around 9:00 PM, for anyone interested. It was brutal, suffice to say.

No comments: