Saturday, August 18, 2007

August 18.







I grew up pretty close to my aunt Jan and uncle Bob and their five kids (my cousins), as they lived near by and Bob was pastor of Garfield Park Reformed Church, where we of course were members. Fast forward, and nearly all the cousins were in Holland around the weekend of the 18th. My cousin Cathy and her family rented our cottage, and Carol & family also found a place to rent in Idlewood. (There's more to the story than that, but we're after brevity here folks.) At any rate, Cathy was gracious enough to have all the local Basts out that Saturday. It was rainy, unfortunately, but on the other hand we needed the rain. And we all fit inside--barely.

I think the highlight was a chance to see my great-aunt Hennie (who reminded me Yet Again that she was not invited to my wedding--thanks Dad!), and to get photos of her and Connor together. Thanks to everyone involved, and of course there are photos!

P.S. If I get married again, aunt Hennie is for sure invited.

No comments: