Saturday, August 11, 2007

Family Week

I needed to add some important information regarding my Mom and Bob's visit. First, they rented the cottage so they could accommodate their growing family. Jeremy and Kara came out and spent a couple of days with their children: Julia, and newborn Elijah (that was the first time Mom got to meet him!)

Jenny also came out to spend time with her children, Breyana, Rylan, and Ava (whos is Connor's age, within about four days). I came out a couple of days with Connor also, and brought my Grandma Baas. She has about 17 great grandchildren now, and enjoyed seeing the newest additions to the family.

Bob, who unfortunately was not pictured (due to my lack of picture taking--sorry, Bob!), was a huge help in all the food preparations, and was a real trooper, sleeping on a bed in the basement to accommodate all the extra visitors at the cottage.

My Aunt Barb was also here from Colorado, and it was so nice to see her as well. Barb, you'll be getting a call next time we are in CO... I just love it there, and Chris has tons of good friends there that we are hoping to visit soon!

Sadly, Bob's mom is dying, and they will be returning to Michigan next week for the memorial service. We are so sorry that you will be experiencing the loss of your mother, Bob. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you during this difficult time.

1 comment:

Sandra Jester said...

Thanks Jodi for a better description of our family reunion.

We leave in a few days again for Michigan, as Bob's MOm died. I know it will be cooler than the week we spent at cottage.

I will be able to celebrate my birthday with my kids and see the grand children again.

Connor you are so darn cute in yur little denim shirt!
Love and hugs Grandma Jester